We are filled with gratitude for you!
As the year winds down, our cup is overflowing with love and gratitude for all of the blessings that 2016 has brought. Good health is at the top of our list, along with new friends at breathe bar and at the Center for Healthy Minds, as well as old friends. One of breathe bar's dearest amigas is Sylvia Perez of Fox32 Chicago. (Editor's note: Sylvia Maldonado, breathe bar's founder, was Sylvia Perez's HealthBeat intern at WLS-TV, ABC 7 Chicago, back in the day; she was a health & wellness girl even back then.) Sylvia P. invited Sylvia M. on her show this past Sunday, 12/18, to talk meditation. We're working on getting a link to the segment. In the meantime, we shared our tips for mindful breathing (below), and cute snowflakes Ava and Abriel watching the show. Enjoy!
For our faithful readers, you know we think the gift of attention is one of the most genuine and heartfelt presents you can give this holiday season. That being said, sometimes we want to give a token of our affection to our friends and loved ones. We have put together a list of some of our favorite things for everyone on your list. Hope this helps you out!
For foodies, you can't go wrong with a gift basket filled with these healthy snacks. All indie brands + local (Chicago plus Cleveland).
- Garden of Flavor - yummy juices and cleanses. We're partnering with them to offer a unique wellness experience at Mariano's West Loop soon. Stay tuned for details!
- Think Jerky - chef-crafted jerky; a percentage of revenue is donated to the David Lynch Foundation.
- The Paleo Cookie Company - hands down, our favorite cookies.
For your practical loved ones:
- Winter gloves & hat
- Cozy socks
- Flannel sheets
For the entertainers:
- No Denial Foods - their pies are made for those with food sensitivities though you would never know it. Pure decadence.
- SOCIAL Sparkling Wine - their toasted coconut almond wine transports us to the tropics! Bonus: only 88 calories.
- Zen and Tonic: When green drinks go boozy, this guide is for you.
For a laugh:
- That's so retrograde: This hilarious podcast featuring two ladies taking it day-by-day, juice-by-juice and one conscious, haphazard convo at a time.
For the meditators (aspirational, practicing, and everyone in between):
- A book! Here's a list of some of our favorites
- A meditation cushion from Kathmandu Yogi - use HOLIDAY10 promo code
- A breathe bar gift card - for only $20, you can't go wrong
Enjoy the holiday season and remember to take time out for you to sit back and breathe.
Resuming on January 2, join us for our latest meditation series in Chicago's West Loop. Use promo code: bbbogo2017 when you register online and bring a friend free to class! Meditating, especially with a friend, is a great way to kick off the new year.
Your friends at breathe bar